I threw together this crockpot meal for dinner and it turned out so good, I wanted to share the recipe!
- 1 packet of enchilada or taco seasoning (I used spicy taco seasoning).
- 1 can corn
- 1 can of kidney beans (or black beans, but I think kidney beans have a better flavor).
- 1 small can black olives
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked & shredded)
- 3 cups of water
- 4 oz of cream cheese (or if you like to live dangerously like me- the whole 8oz, lol!)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or taco style cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons of Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning.
- 1 cup of rice, cooked- (add to crockpot 1 hour before serving, so rice doesn't absorb too much of the sauce).
1. Cook chicken breasts in frying pan whole, then shred in a bowl with 2 forks.
2. Whisk together 3 cups of water, tomato paste, Goya Adobo all purpose, and taco (or enchilada) seasoning packet into crockpot.
3. Add corn, kidney beans, chopped onion, black olives, shredded chicken, 4 oz of cubed cream cheese, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to crockpot. Stir.
4. Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
5. Add 1 cup of cooked rice to crock pot 1 hour before serving. Stir again.
Additional toppings to serve with: Shredded lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese.